Pages

Sunday 10 December 2023

Playing I Spy

 The theme for the latest Allsorts Challenge is **I spy with my little eye, something beginning with 'B'** and after a bit of thought I decided to go along with B for BOOKS and also BIRTHDAY.  I started by die cutting and colouring the books followed by a bit of head scratching as to how I was going to put them onto a card, finally coming up with the idea of cutting a table to hold the open book.  I then cut an aperture in a square of card to fit my card and backed that with a piece of cream card on which I'd stamped a dictionary page which I thought was an appropriate background. The frame was popped up with foam tape and the table partially hidden behind.  Just a stamped a birthday greeting and that's it - my offering for the Allsorts challenge this week.  I imagine that if all these books were piled onto the table it might collapse under the weight 🤣🤣


Stitched effect Aperture - die from Paper Roses
Table - die from Gummiapan
Books - unbranded dies
Background - Dictionary page stamp from Stampin' Up (retired)

6 comments:

  1. All very clever. You've pulled it all together beautifully. I really like the book theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenge with the books! Fun birthday card for someone who enjoys reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super design Val..... and you can add blue and brown to your B words. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the I Spy option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Val, love the aperture and how you tucked the table in, and that open book is fun too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said you were going to put your thinking cap on Val and wow, what a great card right down to the book script in the panel, many thanks for sharing your 'B for books and Birthday' card with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect birthday card for the book lover. I love this sweet aperture card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete