I have a bit more beadwork to share with you today in the form of a little owl keyring made from a pattern designed by Heather Kingsley-Heath and bought at a recent Bead Fair. It is made with size 11 seed beads using needle and thread and the most difficult part was actually assembling the various components once they were beaded and then getting him to stand on his leafy branch.
Friday 28 June 2013
I've managed to use up a few more bits and pieces which I couldn't bear to throw away and produced another card for my box. The flower is just part of a larger image from Chocolate Baroque and was one which didn't stamp perfectly - the fault was mine and nothing to do with the quality of the stamp I hasten to add!! It was coloured with Copic pens and I cut out a circular piece with just the flower head which fitted perfectly into the doily die cut. The white embossed piece was part of a larger panel using a Couture Creations embossing folder and the fancy die cut at the back was one I cut out to try out a Sizzix die. Luckily I had this piece of backing paper which matched well with the 'oddments' so with a little bit of matching ribbon that's another card to share with you.
Wednesday 26 June 2013
The challenge at Make My Monday this week is to make a summer scene so I decided to have a go using Craft Artist - the card is made up in the usual way once the image was composed and printed. Background paper is printed from a CD but I can't remember which one now because it was in my bits box! Computer sentiment was punched out with Stampin'Up punches so a fairly simple card once the scene was set.
Tuesday 25 June 2013
When I received a package containing a couple of dies recently I was lucky enough to also have included a few actual die cuts as a 'thank you' for my order which I thought was a really nice touch. The love birds here was the 'freebie' so I don't know the source of the actual die but it has been put onto a Spellbinder circle with some leafty embossing, and another decorative shape from Die'sire (Crafter's Companion). The lacy border at the bottom is a Cheery Lyn Design die. Backing paper was from my bits box so that's another piece used up.