I've been playing around with Adirondack dye inks and Perfect Pearls and this is one of the cards I've made. White card was sponged with meadow dye ink and allowed to dry before stamping the swirls (Basic Grey) in the same ink and very quickly dusting with green Perfect Pearls before the ink dried. I then spritzed lightly with water which had PP added. The flower panel was stamped with the same ink and clear embossed (Laura Ashley stamp) and the flowers were also sprayed with green Perfect Pearls. This has given the card quite a sheen but not sure if shows up too well here.
Saturday, 11 July 2009
Tuesday, 7 July 2009
My Tim Holtz ideaology acrylic charms arrived and I just had to have a go at making a pendant. This technique is in the current Craft Stamper and I stamped the leaf image (Elusive Images) onto the acrylic and allowed it to dry. I then adhered a piece of watercolour paper which had been coloured using direct to paper with fluid chalk inks. The back of the paper was also coloured and sealed with gel medium after trimming. Jump rings and a chain were added and job done - 'simple' as a certain animal says on the commercial!!
Sunday, 5 July 2009
I've been bead weaving again and finished off a necklace which I had on the go, then decided to make a bracelet using the same beads but a different pattern which was one I wanted to try out. Size 11 seed beads combined with 4mm fire polished beads. I've just noticed that one of the loops of beads on the bracelet has become tucked underneath in the picture - the loop is there so I've not made a mistake!!