Wednesday 5 November 2014


While trawling through boxes looking for something to use for a card I came across this cat topper which was left from a sheet printed some time ago and thought it should be used up rather than printing any more sheets to add to boxes.  As you may realise I really am trying to use up things which are cluttering up my space - although I think I should go through the boxes really thoroughly and weed out items which I probably wouldn't use and maybe pass them on to someone who might make use of them.  I imagine some packets of goodies would be a welcome find in the charity shop!!

The 'angel' cat is not so angelic really if you spot the feathers in his mouth!!

Image - Crazy Cats, Card Creations
Backing paper - from my stash
Circular shape - Spellbinders die
Border - Tonic punch
Greeting - computer generated

Monday 3 November 2014

Pixie Snippets Playground Week 149

The card for this weeks Pixie Snippets challenge uses up some more of my bits and pieces of card. I've been die cutting yet again which I find is a great way of using up remnants (and of course cutting into yet more new sheets occasionally to make even more leftovers!!) ...sigh... the pile never seems to diminish.  I used a piece of background paper from my stash and cut the next layer using Tonic header dies, also cutting a backing piece to put behind the cut out areas.  The centre shapes were cut using Sue Wilson dies, again using odd bits and pieces of card.  A snippet of matching ribbon was added behind the shapes and a computer sentiment added along with some tiny flower embellishments for the centres of the flowers.

Dies - Tonic Header die
Centre - Sue Wilson California collection dies
Embellishments - Hobby House

Sunday 2 November 2014

Time Flies

Now where did the last week go - I only know it has whizzed by somehow and not much blogging.  I keep saying I ought not to start anything new in the way of crafts but there I was idly glancing at the TV while drinking one of my many cups of coffee and spotted Linda Jones demonstrating wirework jewellery.  This is something which I've not really tried apart from bending the odd headpin now and again.  Luckily I had some wire around and a pack of beads handy which had come as a free gift in with some other supplies so I got out my tools and had a go.  This is my first effort - not perfect by a long chalk but I did enjoy doing something different and might see if I can use up some of my 'orphan' beads by incorporating them into a bit of wire jewellery.