Wednesday, 21 December 2011
The last challenge of the year at Make My Monday is to make a seasonal tag - I've gone along with another of the techniques from Tim Holtz. This time it is a kind of image transfer using clear packing tape, a clear acrylic accent piece and some self adhesive foil tape. The background was stamped with some music and little scraps of text, sponged with distress inks and overstamped using some holly stamps from Christmas Reflections by Chocolate Baroque - fairly quick to make once I'd mastered the image transfer technique. Hopefully this really is the last seasonal thing I make for quite a while and it will be good to get back to something different.
Tuesday, 20 December 2011
A friend sent me a photograph of some snowman ear rings she had seen and asked if I could work out how they were made. It was such a dark and dismal day yesterday and pouring with rain so I thought I needed to rise to the challenge and make something bright and jolly. Hers had arms and a long scarf but I only had a very small quantity of the red beads so this one is a variation; also I've not added the ear wires yet. I worked out they must have been made using brick stitch and I used Delica beads.
Sunday, 18 December 2011
The challenge at Simply Stampin' this week is to use these colours from the Stampin Up range so I thought I'd have a go to see what I could come up with
The background paper is from Tim Holtz vintage shabby range which I thought went well with them and I've used stamps from Notably Ornate and Vintage Vogue. The ornate label and the sentiment were from the first set and the flowers from the second (stamped and cut out). Also used was a Spellbinder die to cut a decorative square and a Marianne die for the leaves. Being mainly red and green I suppose these colours said 'Christmas' but I am trying to get away from endless seasonal cards now that mine are posted - at least most of them unless there are any I've forgotten which does happen!!