The challenge this week at Bah Humbug is 'an oldie but a goldie' - to either use a favourite item which you use a lot or something which was perhaps once a favourite but has been neglected so really plenty of scope this week - thanks ladies. This card is made using a set of Tim Holtz stamps which I bought the year before last because I liked them so much and I really cannot believe that they didn't get used at all for cards this Christmas just gone. I suppose it is yet another sign that I have way too many stamps!! The reindeer was stamped with black soot distress ink and clear embossed; the snowflakes were stamped with versamark and also clear embossed; trees were stamped using pine needles DI. I then sponged the card with Adirondack denim ink. I resisted the urge add a greeting as I think this image really speaks for itself.
Saturday, 29 January 2011
Wednesday, 26 January 2011
Whenever I make cards I always seem to end up with left over bits and pieces on my desk and I really am making an effort to use them up as I go along. This time I had a random die cut which I'd made when I got the die just to try it out and a few circles cut from old book pages which had been coloured (why do I always make too many?) so I scrunched these up and made another flower. Although there were also oddments of papers and card lying around nothing was the right colour so I went through my stash and took out a new sheet of backing paper (Artylicious), found some matching cardstock which I embossed and touched with some glimmer paint. I then stamped the wording and assembled the card - now of course I have the remnants of card and paper left from this one. I really don't think my work space will ever be clear - never mind - I'm sure I read somewhere about tidy people not being creative!!
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
This card uses a Penny Black stamp coloured with Copics, cut out and mounted onto a Cuttlebug daisies embossed panel. Background paper is from Papermania., some ribbon and a die cut buckle have been added and a computer sentiment.
Monday, 24 January 2011
A flower card this morning using Marianne dies and a stamp by Wendy House. Background paper is from Artylicious and some stamped and punched butterflies were added (Stampin Up). A fairly quick and easy card once I'd managed to persuade the larger die cut out of the die without damaging it!!
Sunday, 23 January 2011
When I saw the challenge this week at Bah Humbug I thought 'easy' - not so because I discovered that I am more or less 'crackerly challenged'. I searched through stamps, digi images and several CDs before I eventually came across this image on the Joanna Sheen Messy Rabbit Christmas CD. I reduced the size of the image and printed it several times so that I could cut out elements to make a decoupage topper. Background paper is from the same CD; sentiment is a Crafts Too embossing folder on Core-dinations card and sanded with an emery board; I've also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder, a Marianne fancy corner die and added a flower which was amongst the items in the prize received from the lovely ladies at Bah Humbug for taking part in every challenge last year.