This card was fairly straightforward to make with a piece of backing paper, a floral die cut from Tonic and a stamped verse using a Chocolate Baroque stamp.The butterfly was cut out twice and layered - gilding wax added to accentuate the embossed detail.
Thursday, 25 July 2013
Wednesday, 24 July 2013
My card to share today is one made for a family member who hopefully doesn't follow my blog. I wanted to use the Heartfelt Creations matching stamp and die set called Sunkissed Fleur which I've combined with other die cuts. The flowers were stamped onto paper printed from Artylicious (now Chocolate Baroque) Seasons Greetings collection and then cut out using the die. Although these CDs are mainly Chritsmas designs there are quite a lot of generic papers suitable for lots of other uses. I cut a trellis in green and popped it behind a Spellbinders decorative label 22 die cut as a frame, added a Sizzix swirl and the flower centres are tiny circles with micro beads added for a touch of sparkle. Message was stamped and punched with Stampin' Up punches and then put onto one of the smaller Decorative label dies. Obviously the backing paper is the same print as the flowers and the square layer was white card embossed using a diamond mask and coloured with distress ink. A white ribbon to match the frame and that's it - job done although I may make a box for this one too.
Tuesday, 23 July 2013
This week at Make My Monday we've been given a photograph as a starting point to inspire our designs - it has so many interesting elements when you really study it that it was hard to choose a direction. Do take a look at the photo and also the various lovely items made by the design team where they've each picked out certain elements. Which would you have chosen to use? I must say I was tempted by the little bird houses on the table but eventually decided on the pink colours with white, the oval shape, the hydrangea and the swags decorating the table. I had various pieces of left over papers from the 12" pad of vintage shabby by Tim Holtz so used a mixture of these 'bits' for the layers along with a scrap of embossed Centura Pearl left over from a large sheet. The hydrangea was stamped onto a piece of the pink paper using white ink and embossed with detail white powder, the oval layers were cut with Spellbinder dies, the scalloped edges (tablecloth swags) were cut with a Stampin' Up scalloped edge die and embossed with matching SU folder. I decided to leave this card without a message at the moment - besides it is always handy to have a pretty card which can be used for any occasion.
Monday, 22 July 2013
The challenge this week on House of Cards blog is VINTAGE/SHABBY still within the colour scheme for the month. Backing paper here is from Tim Holtz vintage shabby pad, overstamped with leafy swirls (Chocolate Baroque). The wording is also a stamp from Chocolate Baroque onto a Spellbinder label. The strip of pattern used a stamping wheel from Stampin' Up and the flowers were stamped using their Vintage Vogue set (retired I think), then cut out with scissors. The leaves were cut from a scrap of card which I had lying around which had been spritzed with Glimmer Mist - never throw any useful scraps a\way!!. A lacy die cut and here it is - my take on the vintage shabby theme for the week.