The challenge over on Just Magnolia this week is a sketch and I have used Tilda sitting on a bench with a little cat. The bench and Tilda are from Magnolia and the cat is from Sugar Nellie. Images coloured with Copics and watercolour pencil. Background paper is from Papermania and I've also used Nestabilities, Cuttlebug embossing and some punched flowers.
Saturday 16 May 2009
Friday 15 May 2009
Cute Card Thursday challenge 60 this week is to make a card using letters and numbers and I have made a birthday card for an eight year old including both. The image is from Penny Black, coloured with Copic pens. The letters are a Cuttlebug embossing folder and for the numbers on the background have used a stamp by Paper Artsy and direct to paper technique with chalk inks.
I thought it was about time I got around to making my ATCs for the next swap which is for the letter C. Not too difficult to find loads things beginning with this letter - car, cat, cow and caterpillar! I'm just looking forward to seeing what the friend I swap with is going to come up with.
Thursday 14 May 2009
Wednesday 13 May 2009
I discovered the Sugar Bowl challenge blog yesterday and decided to have a go at their sketch challenge this week. There was a little extra - to include buttons as well as following the sketch.
The image is one of the Gorjuss girls coloured with Copics, flowers from Flora Doodles and background papers by Stampin Up.
Tuesday 12 May 2009
Monday 11 May 2009
When searching for a particular stamp I realised that I have lots that I've not used in ages and this is one of them. Background square was stamped with a swirl from Elusive Images, clear embossed and sponged with Adirondack dye ink. The flower was coloured with Polychromos pencils and the flower stamp is by Hero Arts. Incidentally I was unable to find the actual stamp I intended to use!!
Sunday 10 May 2009
Yesterday I went to a watercolour workshop and previous ones with this tutor have been to produce small pictures suitable for adding to cards so it was a bit of a shock to be handed a huge piece of paper on which to paint a picture. The subject was spring flowers and there was plenty of inspiration in the form of real flowers, gardening magazines, flower books and so on and we were given demonstrations on techniques. This is the result of my day's work - my very first watercolour painting of any size produced from scratch. It was based (very loosely) on one of the pictures she brought with her.
I don't think it is likely to appear in the Royal Academy but I really had fun producing it which to me is the important part of any workshop experience.