Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Make my Monday Challenge

I've actually managed to make a card for the Make My Monday challenge this week where they are asking for something using kraft card - one of my favourites.  I stamped a rose image and embossed in white then coloured using pencils.  This was then die cut and put onto some layers using up scraps and a piece of backing paper from my stash so I guess it also fits with the Pixie Snippets challenge too so one for two challenges which has to be good.

Image - stamp from Chocolate Baroque Harlequin Rose set
Die cut layers - Sue Wilson Greek Islands collection - Rhodes
Border - Martha Steward punch
Sentiment - computer generated punched using Stampin' Up punches

Tuesday, 26 May 2015

A Card

It seems ages since I actually made a card but here is one I did yesterday using dies, stamping and colouring.  The large lattice layer was cut using a border die and the flowers were stamped and coloured using alcohol pens.  I must really get back into the swing otherwise I'll never get to use up all my stash!!

Lattice die - Britannia dies
Large yellow die - Stampin Up
White layer - Sue Wilson die
Stamp - Flower from Bloom with Hope set Stampin' Up.
Corners - Whimsy dies

Monday, 25 May 2015

Back Again!

Well I said it wouldn't take long didn't I?  Here is the second version of the necklace which I do actually prefer - not sure why I didn't think of this idea in the first place!!  Luckily I had just one little 'Y' connector in my findings box otherwise I might have had to make one from wire which would have taken longer.


Yet again I seem to have been missing from my blog but I can assure you I've not been idle, merely trying to use my time a little differently by doing more practical things rather than spending time at the computer.  I have a little beadwork experiment to show you today in the form of a necklace which incorporates some 'spiral staircase' or 'spiral rope'  bead weaving using seed beads and pearls together with a beaded bead using the same and just a couple of elements using beads on eye-pins.  I'm not altogether sure this is how I want it to look and might try a different way using the same components but with the beaded bead suspended vertically - a simple enough job to change it around and/or change it back again if I don't like the look - of course that is the beauty of making jewellery from components which can be switched around.  If I like the alternative arrangement I might post another picture.