I recently watched a YouTube tutorial by the talented Jo Rice (Lavinia Stamps You Tube) and decided to make something similar but instead of using plain card as a background I turned to one of my Gelli plate experiments. Normally the spotlight technique involves stamping part of a design onto a separate piece of card and then die cutting into a circle to overlay but my card (and Jo's) are both single layer with the spotlight being achieved by masking and sponging ink. The area within the circle has been coloured using pencils and a bit of artistic licence has been employed with the chosen colours - I quite like pink dandelions 😉😉.
Wednesday, 24 August 2022
Today I'm sharing a card made for the latest Snippets Challenge - see details HERE. Apart from the card blank everything used came from my various snippets collections. The background paper was a piece left over from a magazine give-away and the trellis was die cut from a fair sized white snippet. Finally the various flowers and leaves and butterfly were from my 'useful leftovers' containers where I tend to pop items which have been stamped, fussy cut or die cut and then get left behind after almost every project which I do - always a tendency to make far more 'bits' than I need 🤣🤣
Trellis - die from Crafter's Companion Sarah's Signature
Flowers etc - mostly retired stamps and dies from Stampin' Up
Tuesday, 23 August 2022
The theme for the latest Allsorts Challenge is **anything goes with the option of roses** so here goes with my card for this two week challenge.. I've used dies to cut the layered roses, leaves and a square frame to build up a composition onto a background which has been embossed with a rose design folder. Everything is in toning shades of browns and cream with a touch of gold
Flowers - dies from Beautiful Brushstrokes dies Stampin' Up (retired)
Leaves - stamps and dies from SU Forever Fern
Frame - Creative Expressions Noble stitched frame dies (maybe no longer available)
Embossing - folder from Crafter's Companion (maybe no longer available)
Sunday, 21 August 2022
I spent an enjoyable afternoon yesterday playing with this beautiful Forest Toadstool stamp and of course others as well to build up a mystical scene.I must say the time just flew by 😉. I started by stamping the toadstool onto a square of white card and again onto a masking sheet so that I could fussy cut to use this as a mask when colouring the background. Colours were blended using soft brushes and also some ink was applied through a stencil and then the mouse, snail and various foliage stamps were used. Finally I peeled off the toadstool mask and coloured the toadstool with pencils. I can never make up my mind about adding sentiments to this type of card and for the moment I've left this one without although I might just add a small, simple one before I send it to anyone.
Stamps - all from Lavinia, as was the stencil in the background.
Toadstool coloured using Polychromos pencils
Various Distress inks used to colour background