Saturday 4 July 2009

Blue Flower

Today's card incorporates a technique shown in the current Craft Stamper magazine using Tim Holtz fragments (little acrylic fragments) to make an embellishment. The stamp used is by Anita and has been coloured using H2Os. I'm looking forward to getting some of the charm fragments to try the jewellery idea as well.

Friday 3 July 2009

Birds and Dots

I've been going through my 'bits' box which is where I usually pop all my miscellaneous experiments until such time as I make them into something, and pulled out these backgrounds and birds. Distress ink pads and Adirondack dye inks have been used in various ways. Birds and message are from Elusive Images and the dotty background from Tanda.

Wednesday 1 July 2009

Another Hot Day

Another very hot day - one ought not to complain but when you break out in a sweat colouring in an image that is a bit too much in my book!! This is a digi image coloured with Copics - various papers used for backgrounds. I love this little bird he is so cheery.

Tuesday 30 June 2009

Boy with Cat

The weather is so hot today that I'm working much more slowly than usual - everything I pick up seems to stick to my fingers. I started out by filing away a heap of paper and card offcuts because the pile was so large I couldn't see what was there without it all cascading onto the floor! That done I stamped a few images and went for some quiet colouring but even that made me too hot. Nevertheless I made a couple of cards and here is one of them. Images are from Ollyphant (Kars), coloured with Copics. I might just sit down with a cool drink now although I should be mowing grass - definitely too hot for that!!

Monday 29 June 2009

Chocolate Orange

Chocolate Orange is the theme of the Tanda Teaser this week. I'd been asked to make a card with flowers for a birthday so here is my take on the theme. using Tanda floral stamps, Twinkling H2Os and an embossed frame from Craftwork Cards which I sponged with orange fluid chalk ink. I may or may not add a personalised message - I will see how it looks.

Sunday 28 June 2009

Stationery box

I made this stationery holder using a Card Couture template downloaded from Papertrey and I've made some little notelets to put inside. Unfortunately I had a problem trying to add a little magnetic closure because although they were very sticky the magnet is so strong that when I tried to open the box the magnets didn't want to part company with each other but easily parted company with the sticky backs which of course has now marked the paper and card. I am hoping I can get some Velcro sticky dots to pop on in place of the magnets and hopefully they won't hang onto each other quite so hard!!

A Bit of Bling

This bit of bling was made for fun at the jewellery workshop - I'd always wanted to have a go at one of these rings so took this opportunity to play. I must say I found it a bit fiddly adding all the beads to the tiny loops on the ring and there are 10 rings with two beads added to each.