I was asked to come up with a card in this style for a special birthday and I always worry a bit with these special requests and just hope that the person will like what I've made. This is an 8" card, larger than my usual ones and I've used a Diane Kay image with matching backing paper from a CD by Card Creations Plus. Some gold glamour dust was added to the model's jewellery and some toning bling on the corners of the card. Numbers were cut using X-cut dies and the sentiment printed on the computer.
Saturday, 11 May 2013
Wednesday, 8 May 2013
I've made my second quintile for the Chocolate Baroque swap on the theme of Chelsea Flower Show. This time the background was made during my first foray into the realms of using the gelli plate with some acrylic paints which have been lying around the house for ages so the colour choice was somewhat limited and is a bit darker than I thought it would be. However I thought the greenish result would make a good background for the poppy image which has been a favourite of mine for a long time probably because it makes me think of Art Nouveau designs from way back. It was stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured with Inktense pencils.
Tuesday, 7 May 2013
The challenge this week on Make My Monday has been set by Suzi B and there is a prize as well for one lucky entrant so worth taking a look to see what the design team have made for inspiration. The theme is 'anything that flies' and I dug out some wood mounted stamps which I've had for many, many years and there is no information on the blocks as to who made them but I thought they would fit this challenge nicely as a change from the usual butterflies or birds which immediately came to mind. The background was made using Distress Inks with a touch of Glimmer Mist, overstamped with some swirls and of course the sentiment (Creative Expressions). The insects were cut out using a Sizzix die (Stampin' Up).
Sunday, 5 May 2013
I've just made the first of my Quintiles for the Chocolate Baroque swap where the theme for May is 'Chelsea Flower Show' and as it happens I've included a trellis die cut which with a bit of lateral thinking makes this suitable for the Sunday Stamper Challenge today with the theme of diamonds or pearls. The background here is some Prima paper purchased from CB and I've used their stamp set called Sunny Sunflowers although I've chosen to colour mine differently. They were stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured using Inktense pencils, cut out carefully and layered up for some dimension - the leaves are from the same set of stamps. The trellis die is by Spellbinders and the embossing folder is by Sizzix. On now to the second Quintile - a lovely theme this month because I actually have quite a few (aka lots!!) of CB floral stamps to choose from so watch this space.