A couple of years ago I bought quite a number of canvasses, only decorated a couple and the remainder have lain on the shelf ever since until this week when I cut out this butterfly using a Tim Holtz die. I'd not really realised quite how large this butterfly is and as I wanted to combine it with some other die cut and embossed elements I decided using a canvas was the way to go. I'm doing a couple of days demonstrating with the Big Shot and thought this could be one of my samples as well as qualifying for Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge this week so two birds with one stone as they say. The layers of the butterfly are glossy card with alcohol ink with a top layer of Core-dinations card which has been sanded to show the core. Background was coloured with Distress inks and stamped with various grasses etc from Elusive Images (now known as Chocolate Baroque). The larger flower was cut from card using Tim Holtz tattered flowers die, then embossed and sponged with ink; the other flower is a crumpled one made from brown parcel paper spritzed with Glimmer Mist.
Friday, 8 April 2011
Thursday, 7 April 2011
My friend Anne is a guest designer for a new challenge - St Lukes Hospice and the first one was 'say it with flowers' to ease us in gently as most people have flowers in some form which can be made into a card. There is a Freepost address on their blog so that if you wish you can send the actual card to them to help raise funds.The image on this card is a stamp from Hobby Arts on Kraft card and coloured with Polychromos pencils, background paper is from Polkadoodles and I've added a punched border, some ribbon and a greeting
Wednesday, 6 April 2011
I was tempted by some of the new teeny tiny stamps from Chocolate Baroque and had a play with some masking techniques to come up with this card. The background paper is from the Echoes of Italy collection and the 'frames' are from a Judikins cube which I've had for many years. The colouring was done with Distress inks.
Tuesday, 5 April 2011
The request this week from the Bah Humbug team was for a card to make you giggle - I tried to think my way through various stamps and CDs but ended up actually looking at some of the CDs which is always an interesting exercise anyway. I settled on an image from My Craft Studio of a skating Santa; the background paper from Polkadoodles is what was left over from a recent card (trying not to hoard too many odd bits and pieces); and the sentiment was produced on the computer and punched out with a Stampin Up punch. The poinsettia was also from MCS, printed a few times, cut out and layered with stickles in the centre.
Hopefully this will raise a smile if not a giggle!
Monday, 4 April 2011
While I was making my card for the Less is More challenge this week I had an idea for a second card so have made two this week. For the first one I've used stamps from the Flora Bella set by Elusive Images (now known as Chocolate Baroque), stamped onto a Nestability shape and coloured with Copic pens. The corners are a Marianne die and the wording was stamped direct onto the DL card after everything else was in place (still a scary thing for me) but fortunately it went OK first time!! The second card was made using papers from Funky Hand CDs.
Sunday, 3 April 2011
For this card I've used the same sketch as for last week's Less is More challenge. A thin plastic template was used to emboss the piece of cream card which was then sponged lightly with distress ink. A small strip of brown card was embossed with a cuttlebug folder and rubbed over with copper Treasure Gold to emphasise the pattern. A papermania lace template was used for the circle to which I then added a crumpled flower made by cutting scalloped circles from an old paper back book with a Nestability die and spraying with Glimmer mist. The set of thin templates were given away free with a recent magazine and worked OK in the Big Shot to emboss the card.