Pages

Tuesday 12 December 2023

Ribbon Technique

 I've done my homework for the Snippets Playground latest challenge and apart from the card blank everything else used came from my Snippets collections.  I thought I'd try a twisted ribbon effect I'd spotted recently which looks quite effective although as it turns out was quite straightforward to achieve (thanks to YouTube).  I trimmed a snippet of white card into a strip to fit the height of my card blank and also cut some half inch strips of DSP in two designs for the 'ribbons' and set about gluing them in place  before cutting another strip of card in a toning green to back the border strip. I do like a technique which looks clever but isn't difficult to do 😉.  A snowman was stamped onto another white snippet, coloured and then cut out with an oval die.  This was backed with a red layer slightly larger.  A computer sentiment die cut into a banner shape and that's it - my Snippets homework completed and all from Snippets.  As usual some great prizes for a lucky winner at the end of the fortnight.


Papers for 'Ribbon' - Snippets of a retired Stampin' Up Christmas range
Snowman - stamp from a magazine gift set
Colouring - Polychromos pencils
Oval dies - Tonic
Sentiment - produced in Craft Artist on the computer

6 comments:

  1. That twisted ribbon technique looks tedious to put together but you did a great job with it and it turned out great! Love that fun melting snowman too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly looks very effective Val, might need to give it a try as got so many ribbons from the days when every card needed some. SNowman is fun as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cute melting snowman card with the fab ribbon technique at the left.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later - and we'll have a discussion about the Nativity Play wardrobe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've such patience Val to do that ribbon effect! But it was worth it cos it's a lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever technique Val - I need to check it out! Super snippets car, as always. Poor snowman - he shouldn't be drinking hot beverages! Made me smile here.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and great way to use up snippets! Xxx

    ReplyDelete