Pages

Sunday 22 October 2023

A quick Card

 This card was quite quick to make once I'd stamped, coloured and fussy cut the dog. Searching for something recently I came across my set of Crazy Dog and Cat stamps which I've had for many years.  They'd not seen ink for such a long time so I stamped a few of them and had a nice quiet afternoon colouring and fussy cutting.  Once they were done I had to think of how I could use them and my first idea was to use a die cut background with just a single dog and a sentiment.  I then remembered that a kind friend had included some die cut bones as an extra with some others she sent,  so one of these was coloured and used as well.  I could make other very similar cards using the rest of my dogs and cats but I really don't like making more than one card the same so my brain is ticking over now working out what else I can use to make something different.  My die cut background was backed with a snippet of patterned paper and the sentiment was one which I produced on the computer.


Background die - maker unknown, sorry
Dog - from Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs
Bone - die cut using a Gummiapan die (courtesy of a friend)
Sentiment - produced in Word

8 comments:

  1. This is a really good background.. Well done for using your dog and let's see what you do next! I rarely make two cards the same, it's amazing we never run out of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and a great reminder that I need to use my TH cats and dogs stamps soon too! Love that cool background on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Val, I love how you’ve created the lovely background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s dogon cute, love the background too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background panels are so effective Val and the doggie cute.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background and cute dog. Fab colouring in too! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card and a great use of the bone. I'm the same - don't really like making the same thing twice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quirky Crazy Dog looks cute and love the bone, and the background with the strips of paper works really well Val. x

    ReplyDelete