Pages

Sunday 25 June 2023

Snippets Playground Challenge #457

 Time for another challenge in the Snippets Playground and my offering this time is a Christmas card which might seem an odd thing to make in this weather.  Spurred on by my experiment making a word cloud to cover birthdays it was suggested to me that a Christmas one could be a good idea (you know who you are!!) so of course I had to have a go 😉.  Of course I was unable to use snippets to print the words because it had to be done on an A4 sheet but after trimming to size I have even more white snippets for future projects..  A card blank was used but everything else came from my snippets mountain starting with some red glitter left from last year which was trimmed to fit the card.  After printing and trimming the word cloud I embossed it using a 'snowfall' E/F to give it a bit of texture.  The Santa is built up using quite a lot of small snippets and that's it - another successful word cloud and a few more snippets used up.  There are some brilliant prizes this time so why don't you rummage through your snippets to see what you could make.



These are some of my snippets


Word Cloud - produced using Craft Artist
Embossing - E?F from Stampin' Up (retired)
Santa - die which came free with a Die Cutting magazine (last year I think)


9 comments:

  1. Lovely traditional card Val...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic snippets card Val.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous snippety Santa card for Rudolph Day (and your Playground homework!). Brilliant wordy background too!

    Thank you for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. See you on the swings once it's cooled down a bit! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy and cheery Santa Val, sure to bring a smile.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that word cloud you created to make this fun Christmas card! There used to be a great website where you could create those word clouds but it disappeared over the years. Good for you making your own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a marvellous card Val - naturally I LOVE the 'words background' - using the SU 'Softly Falling EF' is a great idea! And that Santa is just so perfect!

    Hugs
    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great word cloud and looks great as a Christmas card. I do like a jolly santa and this one looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and excellent use of snippets. I must get on with mine.

    ReplyDelete