Pages

Friday 30 June 2023

A CAS (clean and simple) card

 I've been following videos produced by the talented Chrissie HERE and today's card is based on a couple of her more recent ideas but using dies which I already own.  I'm getting low on white card blanks so this one is cream on cream with just the tiniest touch of gold on the die cuts.  I started off using a plain background but decided to run it through an embossing folder before assembling the card - not so sure now though.  I think it would probably have been better to leave it plain but I can always make something similar without the embossing.  In fact it does look better 'in the hand' than in the picture which is often the case.


Bee and Flowers - dies from Gummiapan
Sentiment - unbranded die from Amazon
Embossing Folder -  a magazine giveaway which I've had for a while

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and I bet it looks even better irl. The camera is not always a crafter's friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautifully done CAS card, and I love those touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that the embossed background is picked out quite a lot IRL. As Linby says the camera does often mislead the viewer. Love the little bee. Trying to catch up on everyone now that the weather is a bit cooler and I can bear to be in my craft room. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - love this pretty embossed card. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val,
    what a wonderful design and I love how the sentiment and bee are embeeded in the embossed design.
    As everyone said I bet it looks stunning in irl as the camera image just doesn't do some things justice.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it and I like the bee. My cards almost always look better in real life! We have to try these things.

    ReplyDelete