Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Layered Butterfly

 I spotted a very pretty card on a friend's blog HERE which inspired me to have another go at this technique but there was one problem - I don't have a large butterfly die.  I do, however, have a pad of LOTV floral images so that was a start and after pondering I thought I'd try something slightly different and use the largest butterfly die in my collection.  I have to admit I was nearly tempted to order a larger one but I really am trying hard not to keep adding more and more 'stuff' to my stash.  Having selected a suitable image  (in duplicate) I cut the butterfly motif from one and then carefully lining it up, cut a circle from the second image.  I then selected some card and paper to tone with the image, printed a sentiment and that's it - my take on the card which inspired me and all achieved with materials from my stash.


Image - from a Lili of the Valley floral pad which I've had for some years
Background - paper printed from a download, also from years back
Butterfly Die - Tim Holtz, again not a recent purchase


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty effect Val....it such a shame LOTV don't do these pads anymore they had some great images..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tedious cutting and alignment paid off quite well with this pretty card! It turned out quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val,
    what a brilliant technique and it looks so effective too.
    Love the way it looks like glass and you can see the lovely flowers through the Butterfly.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Well done for persevering too, it shows what we can achieve with our stash xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so very pretty and great use of the technique. This is another idea to add to my list - thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Love the technique and your card is so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the butterfly and the LOTV image. Yep, I have lots of those pads in storage too. Must get out and use them. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete