Pages

Thursday 22 June 2023

Happy Mail

 Yesterday  I received some 'happy mail' which was lovely.  A very generous blogging friend had offloaded  gifted me some of her snippets in the form of some die cut parcels.  I had recently seen a couple of cards using this die with a background of a stamped 'word cloud' and had thought that surely I could produce my own word cloud on the computer so I set to work and this simple background is what I came up with. Also, unlike a stamp, my cloud can be re-sized to suit. Incidentally, I've since discovered that there is software readily available which will do this easily but on the whole I'm quite happy with my results and I did enjoy 'tinkering' anyway.  After printing the background I used an oval die to cut a shape and luckily I had some DSP which toned with the colours in the die cuts which I'd been sent.  I was warned that there were some seriously tiny pieces in the envelope (the infill for the small bows in particular) and putting the group of parcels together was a bit of a challenge but I did manage not to lose any of the pieces. A fairly plain card but I did add a scattering of toning gems.

So, thanks to inspiration from blogging and the generosity of a friend (you know who you are), I've tried something different to keep my old brain working 🤣


Word Cloud - produced on the computer using Craft Artist
Parcel Die - from Gummiapan

6 comments:

  1. Blogging friends are simply the kindest and most generous folks around these days and I'm glad you were gifted with some fun supplies to make this fun card! I just love that birthday sentiment behind those cute presents! NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created a terrific multi-font word background for your snippety pile of presents. Love the ovals on the square card too. Always nice to get happy mail from a friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you created the word cloud, so clever! What a lovely friend to send you these lovely parcels, with the teeny weeny bits! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Val. I love the word cloud. I've never thought of including one on a card, thanks for the inspiration. Enjoy your happy mail from your blogging friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your word art looks just as good as the stamp - well done. A lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift from your friend, such a wonderful card that you've made with them.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete