Pages

Saturday 14 January 2023

Allsorts Challenge #711

 The theme for the Allsorts Challenge this time is **A/G or Winter Blues** and I've decided to go along with the colour theme because I've just been making a bookmark for a friend who has a birthday later this month.  There is some reflection from the plastic sleeve which seems to be slightly wrinkled but I'm going to pop it under a heavy book which should flatten it out.  Also it has yet to have a ribbon added - I had nothing the right colour so I've coloured a piece using the same colour as I used for some of the inking, but leaving it to dry before I add it. I did think of taking the bookmark out of the sleeve and taking another picture (minus wrinkles) but I didn't want to risk creasing the piece of card which is a fairly tight fit in the sleeve.


All stamps from Lavinia Stamps
Distress ink and Versafine Claire for stamping

12 comments:

  1. A bookmark is quite a useful gift for one who enjoys reading, and this is just beautiful! I love that it's plastic coated which will give it a very long life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very dreamy and lovely bookmark in blues. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you can have too many bookmarks! I love reading so they are in constant demand and I honestly do not kwno who is constantly eating mine. Perhaps it is the rabbit.! I like your pretty scene you have created . A lot to pack into such a slim space but you have managed it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really pretty bookmark using Lavinia stamps for your friend Val, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts AG/ Winter Blues theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous stamping. Many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week in our 'Winter Blues' theme.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend will really love your beautiful bookmark Val.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful bookmark Val. I'm sure that your friend is going to love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful bookmark in shades of blue! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using these Lavinia Stamps was a perfect idea for making this great bookmark, Val! Your friend will love it! And the plastic shine did not detract from the sweet design you created! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. That’s a bookmark that I’d be proud to use - it’s gorgeous Val. Will have to grab a snippet strip of white card and have a go at making one myself! Thanks for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful bookmark using some really pretty Lavinia stamps...I especially love the dandelions, and the combination of colours is delightful. I'm sure your friend will adore this...it would make me want to read more just to use it. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This gorgeous bookmark is going to be a wonderful and useful little gift for your friend! You always use those Lavinia stamps so beautifully in your projects!

    ReplyDelete