Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2023

Snippets Challenge #445

 Celebrations in the Playground because it is an Anniversary for the lovely Di who took over running this challenge 11 years ago - such dedication.  This time the challenge has been set by SaRn who has now joined Di  to lend a hand and there is an opportunity to be entered into the draw for another really generous prize this time.  As usual we have to rummage through our snippets to find something suitable for making a card and as an added extra, take a photo of said snippets.   I've had to be a bit more organised making my card this time, remembering to take pics of the snippets - I normally just 'wing it' using bits and pieces which come to hand šŸ¤£.  


I started by deciding which stamps and dies I was planning to use and then sorted out a selection of greens and yellows/browns.  I actually had to cut into a whole piece of white card for the embossed background but of course that's left me with some white snippets for another project - always loads of small white/cream snippets around, handy for adding sentiments.  The embossing folder was inked using a brayer before running it through and then I set about stamping the dinosaurs and die cutting them along with a selection of rocks and leaves.  I then put everything together and that's it - my entry for the current Snippets Challenge and a card suitable for anyone who likes dinosaurs.


Background - Birch trees E/F Stampin Up (retired)
Dinosaurs - No Bones About it - Stampin' Up (also retired)
Leaves, grass and rocks - various Stampin' Up retired stamp/die sets


7 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic card Val, My grandson would love this.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card made from your snippets Val...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY - Fabulous dinosaur snippets card there Val.

    Thanks for submitting your homework in a timely fashion. Once you've finished playing on the swings, there's a nice hot cup of tea (or alternatives!) available up in the Treehouse. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun scene you created from your snippets! Love all those colorful leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, it's such fun and so different. The background is gorgeous and beautiful leaves. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Val! Livi, our G Daughter in Germany would LOVE this card! Love ll the detail and also the pile of snippets you chose from. I do find that take a photo part hard as well as I sometimes switch horses mid-gallop!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous dinosaur card Val, I too forget to take pics, and like Di alter my plans! Xxx

    ReplyDelete