Pages

Friday 4 February 2022

Butterfly Challenge Letter 'C'

 Card design and colours etc beginning with the letter 'C' for the Butterfly Challenge this time - follow the link to read all about it and to find a tutorial for the Collar Card which is one I'd not heard of before.  I've made a collar card and used three of the colours, some circles and of course a butterfly  I started with a square of double sided patterned paper in a suitable colour to form the collar element and infilled it at the top with a strip of glimmer parchment although the glimmer doesn't show on the screen I'm afraid.  I then searched through my dies to see what circles I had and came across this set which hasn't been used in quite a long time.  Circles and butterfly were die cut from blue and green card with a touch of pink (celadon, cornflower and coral).  This was quite straightforward to make using the tutorial so why not have a go - there are prizes on offer too as usual.


Designer Paper and Glimmer Parchment - from Stampin' Up
Circles - die set from Marianne which I've had for a long time
Butterfly - dies from Sizzix (Tim Holtz)
Sentiment - die from Stampin' Up Hay Birthday Chick set

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Val, I love the colours together and the dies that you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val,
    what a very gorgeous card and your deisgn looks awesome.
    Love the paper used and the die cuts are so pretty and fabulous.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, and not a design I’ve seen before xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Val. I love butterflies in any shape or form. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This design is new to me as well, but you nailed it beautifully. Love that pretty butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Val, I love the design. I missed the last Butterfly Challenge, but hopefully will have time to join in the current one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the really unusual circle die you have used. It compliments the butterfly perfectly. A pretty paper too. Thankyou for coming and using one of the collar folds on your card and playing in the butterfly garden. No butterflies around at thee moment but the squirrels have learnt how to open the lid on their feeding box. It is amusing to watch them nudge it open with a paw and then stick their head and shoulders in and grab the nuts. Even spotted a frog having a leisurely swim across the pond so spring is startng to wake up here.H ugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete