Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2022

Birthday Time

 Another card to share today where I've used one of the stamps which I seem to have had forever (quite possibly not been inked before) and which came to light when I was looking for the stamps used on my previous project.  I stamped the hot air balloon onto some cream card,  added some colour and cut it out before sponging the edges.  Next thing was to decide what to use as a background and I stamped several of the watch and clock stamps onto masking paper and carefully cut them out so that I could build up a design onto a square of cream card of the right size, finally infilling with a text stamp before again sponging the edges.    Making this background required a degree of concentration but I quite enjoyed doing it which is the main thing.The two words were stamped onto scraps of card and cut out to add a greeting. 


Balloon Stamp - Crafty Individuals
Clocks and Watches - from two sets of magazine gift stamps
Background Text - from Tiny Stamp set Chocolate Baroque
Words - random stamps from my collection of sentiment stamps

6 comments:

  1. A fantastic card Val, great for those hard to make for males.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the clocks working the background behind that hot air balloon! Seems like a great way to idle away some leisure time on one's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val,
    oh your background is wonderful and itlooks so very brillant.
    A super hot air balloon and you have cut it out perfectly.
    Fab inked edges and just great for the men in our lives.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that really is a work of art Val, such patience required but so worth it, an awesome card indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely background for the fab balloon.
    A good way to spend some time at your craft desk.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous masculine card with the vintage look Val, and I love the pocket watch and clock face masked and stamped for the background to this CI balloon image and I love the way you have inked around the edges of the topper, background layer and sentiment strips, and put just a bit of colour on the balloon to make it stand out. x

    ReplyDelete