Pages

Monday 31 January 2022

Inspiration

 Inspiration - where does yours come from I wonder?  From many sources I guess, just like mine.  One good source is trawling round crafty blogs and seeing what other like-minded people are making and of course quite often doing this is the trigger for a bit of retail therapy which I'm trying hard to resist at the moment 😉 by looking through my stash and using items which have not seen the light of day recently (if at all in some cases, I'm ashamed to admit).  Guess I'm not alone in this failing though 🤣🤣.

The idea for this card started when I saw the miniature stamps had been used by Design Team members at Chocolate Baroque. I remembered that I've had these stamps since their initial launch  many years ago so I had a rummage and brought them out of retirement, spotting quite a few (lots!) of other neglected stamps in the process so I'm now on a mission to bring more items out of hiding.  I started by stamping the little topper using a selection of the stamps and while I was thinking about how to turn it into a card I suddenly thought that another under-used item could be just what was needed.  This street scene embossing folder is what came to mind so I embossed a piece of cream card and then inked it to bring out the detail.  Just finished off with a birthday greeting on a banner and ended up with a card suitable for a man, often difficult ones to make if the recipient isn't into football or beer 🙄.


Stamps - Mail Art, Curiosities and Mini Stamps from Chocolate Baroque
Sentiment - stamp from Tim Holtz
Banner - dies from Creative Expressions
Embossing - fold by Sheena Douglass

7 comments:

  1. Great masculine card, Val. It’s surprising what we find rummaging through our stash. I’m currently sat down with a mug of tea, having a break from blitzing my craft room. I’m finding things I didn’t even know I had, as well as a box of half finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great masculine make and it feels good to use those neglected stamps we have stashed away for so long doesn't it? Keep up the great work and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect masculine card Val…it’s nice to find something you’ve nit used fir a longtime or not even used at all!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's surprising how much stuff you find you have! Love your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No you are not alone! I keep tell myself not to buy any more, but I can’t resist new playthings……I’ve also got older stuff hardly used. Great card you’ve put together, good choice for the embossed background, yes men’s cards always tricky! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val,
    yes I can say I too am guilty of having lots of things that at the time I needed and then have never used or used just once.
    Love your design card and the embossing looks brilliant and stands out beautifully when inked.
    A great couple of stamps used also.
    All in all a perfect car for the men as you say that don't follow footy or sports.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stamps and the background embossed street scene were meant to be put together Val and some great neutral colours for this brilliant masculine card. x

    ReplyDelete