Pages

Saturday 11 August 2012

Forgotten Friday

Well another week seems to have disappeared while my back was turned but I have managed to come up with a card for Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge using a butterfly stamp from Crafty Individuals which I came across while looking for something else and realised it was a 'must have' when I bought it although I can't remember when it was last inked.  This was another case where I was trying to use up more of my scraps and everything on this card is just that.  Backing paper was an odd piece which seemed to go along with the text theme of the butterfly stamp which was stamped onto a page from an an old book which had fallen to pieces (couldn't throw away the loose pages could I??). A scrap of card coloured with alcohol inks was embossed with a Cuttlebug text embossing folder and I dyed some cream ribbon with the same colours.  Stamped sentiment on a die cut  ticket.  I'm busy at the moment playing around with a few jewellery ideas for a show demonstration but hopefully will manage a bit of inky stuff in between times and I will try to post on the blog more than I have managed this week.


6 comments:

  1. Like this card Val with all the muted colours...and well done for using up even more scraps...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card Val, especially made from bits and pieces. Fabulous colours, and I love the script theme. Thanks so much for joining in Forgotten Friday this week, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Val, I love the way you've used the old page to stamp on it looks really good. Love the vintage feel to this.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours & such lovely mottling of that ribbon to match the embossed background. Amazing to think you made this from scraps.
    All the best with the beading preps.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Val, especially your use of alcohol inks on the background. Good luck with your prep work. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val, love the vintage look of this card. I especially like all the text elements and the butterfly and the ticket.. well I suppose I like it all!! :)
    suzi b x

    ReplyDelete