Pages

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Designing Jewellery

I've been tinkering about trying out various patterns, threads and colour combinations for braids made on the Kumihimo disc and plate - then of course what to do with these miscellaneous lengths of braid??  Some of them are being turned into items of jewellery and here is a necklace with a charm dangle which I designed to use this piece of black and gold braid.  The photo isn't as sharp as it might be because I should have used a tripod when taking it but I'm sure you get the general idea.


5 comments:

  1. Very striking with the black & gold combination. I like the way you have achieved a soft look through using both a black/gold section & a gold alone section along the lenght of the necklace plus the mix of textures with those smooth gold clasp links. Sorry about my terminology - this (jewellery) is a very foreign country for me.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous Val, I love the charms added.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful piece of jewellery Val. Love it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val this is gorgeous and the black Nd gold together is fabulous

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do create some beautiful hand crafted work Val, whether it's papercrafts or some of your stunning jewellery and this is no exception. Somebody is going to be very lucky to wear this, or are you treating yourself to this piece, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete