Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

Butterfly

This card was made using up scraps of card and paper from my bits box - strange thing is despite how much I use the piles don't seem to diminish!!  The stamp used was a Doodle Butterfly from Chocolate Baroque and for the sentiment tag I used stamps from Stampin' Up.  Nestabilities were used to cut the red border and cream shape and another scrap of cream card was put through an embossing folder  Backing paper was an oddment left over from another project.

 I made a start yesterday evening on clearing the rain forest -  aka my garden - but as it is raining again today I thought time in the craft room would be a good idea.  The long grass and weeds will have to wait although I'm soon going to need a machete to get out!!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful combination of colours & I particularly like the softness provided by the cream against the red. I'm becoming rather partial to creams. Love the way the embossing picks up on the butterfly's wings detail.
    All the best with the rainforest - we have one too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Val and love the butterfly stamp..great embossed background too.
    Your post made me laugh I can just imagine you with a machete..lOl...lOl.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Val, love the butterfly and the framing.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous card using your scraps Val. I think everyone must have a rain forest this year, it's never qite dry enough to get down to do anything.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card Val

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a theory that scraps breed in storage boxes!! Anyway, just love what you have done with some of yours. Methinks all our gardens are going to look like jungles if this rain keeps up! Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Val. I'm sure the bits do something and multiply overnight! lol Love the butterfly.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Val. well done for using scraps but I think they multiply overnight!

    ReplyDelete