Pages

Saturday 4 August 2012

At Last!

Apologies for my lack of blogging and visiting blogs but I seem to have had one of those weeks when I've been on the go all the time but not achieved very much - hope I don't get too many like that.  I've only just come around to making a card for the Make My Monday challenge which is the final week of the colour wheel theme - using split complimentaries.
Again I found these colours a bit challenging to use together but that's what it is all about really so here is my effort using papers and an image from Funky Hand.  I've done some paper piecing with the image, added ribbon and some flowers in the right colours and that's it - fairly quick to make once I'd decided what to do and could be a cheerful retirement card maybe.  Looking forward now to see what their Design Team have for us during August.


Edited - I've just re-read the MMM post and see they are having a well deserved break through August

14 comments:

  1. Love the image and the sentiment Val, such a lovely card:)I'll miss the MMM challenge this month and we are on holiday the first two weeks of August so I'll be having withdrawal symptoms!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness those colours are a right combination - even if they are split complementary, now that's given me an idea for the Twinchies Bright colours!!
    I think your idea of a retirement card is quite delightful & I love the cheekiness of the cat.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Val and your little cat peeking over the chair made me smile....great colour combo also

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cat image - and those colours are hard to use together, but you've managed it fine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card val... great sentiment for a retirement card, love the cat!
    MMM is on holidays for the month of August and this colour theme runs untill Sept! so you have plenty of time to do another! LOL no preasure :)
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant how you have used the colours and I love the little cat peeking over the chair! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Val, the colours looks great together. Like you've had one of those weeks' I've had one of those days, so I'm going to do just what your card says and put my feet up.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card here Val. I could just sit in that chair, put my feet up and fall asleep!! Hope you get more time to yourself/your crafting/blogging next week. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like this card Val - the colours are gorgeous and that cat on the chair is so cute.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card, I love how you have managed to use the required colours in a bright and cheerful way. I have also found the colours challenging but I have learned quite a lot, I think. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday again. This challenge is open for the whole of August, we are having a break, so if you wish to enter one or more, your very welcome. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely darling! Thanks so much for joining us at MMM!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining in our final colour challenge at MMM, I love your card and your cat looks just like my Louis cat! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation with the colour wheel challenge requirements.
    Thanks for entering and good luck!
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for entering our last colour wheel challenge - a really fun card.
    Hugs
    Valx

    ReplyDelete