Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

A 'Cased' Card

I hope my friend Jill doesn't mind that I've 'cased' a card - or at least the idea- that she posted on her blog yesterday.  I'd not come across this technique before so thought I should give it a try and I adapted it to fit a square card using Stampin' Up products.  Stamps were from Fresh Vintage for the background and Apothecary Art for the shaped piece which was cut with the matching Framelits dies.  I can see this working with many of the stamps I have and is something I will be doing again so thanks Jill for sharing the idea.


10 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Val, this is gorgeous, I've not seen this done before but will be popping over to Jill's blog to take a look.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Val thanks for the link I've been across to check it out. I'm sure I'll be having a go.
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice variation on the one-sheet wonder idea, thanks Val, will have to try this one - like the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutety beautiful card Val, I've been up close trying to see how you made it! Is it one stamped large sheet then with squares cut out and matted? I love the stamps you've used and the colour way:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very interesting idea indeed & the result is very co-ordinated. I shall have to try this one out. I can see the CB stamps working extremely well with this.
    Thanks for the link too.
    The softness of the cream is lovely with the pink - so subtle - think something is happening to my thoughtless use of crisp white.....
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Val and this technique is great....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharing is what it's all about Val. I think it's really effective and it seems to have snuck in on lots of SU blogs this month (with little explanation). Love your card by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and a good technique, love it. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Val. Got to see Jill's card IRL on Wednesday and it's gorgeous! Such a useful method.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete