Pages

Sunday 8 July 2012

Three Challenges

I'm not sure how I managed it but I seem to have made a card which actually covers three challenges - I'd like to claim that it was intentional but I'll be honest it was totally by chance. In fact I've also covered my own personal challenge to use some of my scraps wherever possible before cutting into any new pieces of card or paper.

Addicted to Stamps - Christmas in July
Forgotten Friday - Use Forgotten or Neglected Stash
Simply Stampin' - A Sketch for Inspiration

I started by digging out the SU stamp set Pines and Poinsettias to make the Christmas in July card and the images had been popped onto the Sizzix Two Tags die in readiness when I realised that I could maybe use this for the SU sketch challenge.  Background paper is from a Papermania pad which I had last Christmas and the ribbon is from a Papermania pack purchased at the same time and not even opened until yesterday - the central border was cut using a Memory Box die (Tessatina) using a scrap of green card.  Of course the fact that none of these items had been used for several months qualifies the card for Judith's challenge.  Do follow the links above to see other projects made for these challenges.




20 comments:

  1. Great card Val and it cleverly covers all your challenges..like the way you have used the sentiment on die cut..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, great use of the sketch using the two tags die. I love your colouring for the pine cone stamp.

    Thanks for playing along with the Simply Stampin' Challenges each week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. You have echoed the colours in the backing paper so well and I love the pinecones image. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, love that pinecone stamp. Well done for keeping up with your Christmas cards! I'm completely out of Christmas mode again, must get myself sorted, or I'll be panicking again this year!!
    Thanks for joining in Forgotten friday again this week, hugs, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful Christmas in July card! I love the colours and the pine cone stamp is tooooo cute. Thanks so much for playing along at ATS xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh Clever, three challenges, lovely card too, great pine cone stamp!!;0) Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those two vertical patterned strips with the pink in them & the way the Tessatina border picks out the greens in your design. Don't think I can handle that season yet & I'm going to endeavour making FF this week.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice use of the sketch! Liking the use of the tag as the focal point! Thanks for joining in the SSC! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow 3 challenges Val, well done! Love the way you have used this stamp set it really makes the image pop. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it nice when a card covers more than one challenge? And when you can use bits of leftover paper, it's even better! I love how you used the tag and the little banner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done getting in on three challenges with this fantastic card, I love that little stamp and those gorgeous papers. So lovely of you to join us again at Addicted to Stamps and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely Christmas card Val. Well done for covering 3 challenges with one card.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card again Val with a lovely stamp set - I rather like the backing paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card, Val. The backing paper is fabulous. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you have used all of your forgotten stash with the sketch! Thanks for taking part in this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Val. Love this stamp set and looks Fab popped on the tag die cut. Well done on the three challenges - and also still using your scraps! Thanks for joining us at ATS this week.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful traditional colours with that gorgeous pine cone stamp! Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card Val - thanks for joining in this week at ATS - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done on fitting this smashing card to three (four?) challenges Val. I'm hopeless at challenges, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Way to go Val on using up scraps and meeting 3 challenge requirements! The tag die cut works really well with the sketch layout! Love the Tessatina border on the central strip - I really like that die but I always think it may be a pain to glue down!
    Thanks so much for taking part in a Simply Stampin' challenge once more and I look forward to you playing along with us again soon!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete