Pages

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Make My Monday challenge

Hopefully I will be able to complete this post successfully - I've had server problems today and then just as things seemed to be OK I then lost my internet connection.  Here goes anyway.  The challenge at Make My Monday is to use the secondary colours and nothing else (apart from background to image and stamping for sentiment etc).
I'm not sure these colours were any easier to use together than the primaries last week but here's my take on it.  Backing paper was printed from Funky Hand Dreams Come  True - Autumn Style with some purple faux stitching drawn around the edge; the flowers were stamped and punched using Stampin' Up Mixed Bunch set; the leaves were stamped from Chocolate Baroque Sunflowers stamp set and the sentiment was also SU using their punches; the green layer was embossed, scored and has a diecut edge with purple gems.


If you follow the link to the challenge blog  you will see what the Design Team members have made using these colours.

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous Val.....love those large purple flowers! Thank you for playing along with us at Make My Monday again! Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a rather splendid combination & I love what your did with your green panel. The gems are really effective & it's super how they enhance the dotty patterns of both the floral centres & those leaves.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking card Val, not easy colours again this week! I love the Mixed Bunch set and the punch I'm really enjoying using it:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those purple flowers really pop Val..a really lovely card and I love the faux stitching around the edge..
    Pleased Mr Internet is behaving himself now!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Val, lovely colours. The CB leaves go so well with the Stampin Up stamps and punch. With all the rain we've been having, it could be water on the lines causing the problems with the internet :) it seems to be playing havoc with everything else.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect!!! An amazing use of secondary colors!!! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining in my second color wheel challenge at MMM!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And there was silly me asking you earlier if you had that stamp set!
    I think the colours are great on this. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I would have had great difficulty using these colours together but you've done a wonderful job with them Val, resulting in a really lovely card. I love those new CB leaves!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Val those flowers POP! beautifully, thank you for joining us at MMM
    suzi b :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Val and you have made the colours look perfect together - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on this theme Val. You've cracked it! Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Val and just love those bold flowers.
    Thanks for joining in at MMM.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete