Pages

Thursday 26 September 2024

September Rudolph Days Challenge

 Amazing just how quickly these Rudolph Days seem to come around.  There are some lovely cards for inspiration including one from guest designer Brenda who has made a beautiful one using Lavinia stamps.  For my card this month I've used some dies which came as a freebie with the current Die Cutting magazine - couldn't resist because I've always fancied having dies to cut ice skating boots but somehow never got around to buying any.  I've combined the skates with a wreath die set which has been in my Christmas box for many years.  A combination of blue and white pearl card was used along with some kraft and a plain blue circle which was embossed using a snowfall embossing folder.  I used a die to cut the bows for the laces rather than use ribbon as suggested in the magazine


Wreath - Sizzix die from several years ago
Embossing Folder - from Sheena Douglass (no longer available)
Boots and 'Joy' - from die set which came free with the magazine
Bows - Gummiapan die

4 comments:

  1. Everything from colours to skates build a lovely Winter feel, I've always wanted to be able to skate, tried many times but you need balance which I have in short supply.

    You are very generous with your words, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Christmas skates card…..I’ve never had the courage to try skating! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Christmas card with those lovely skates. Good idea with the die cut bow rather than using ribbon/twine - it looks like it was made for those skates.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fun skates remind me that the cold weather will soon be upon us. That's a great image for a Rudolph days card.

    ReplyDelete