Pages

Tuesday 24 September 2024

Quirky Flowers

 I've been playing this morning with some die cut shapes to see if I could make some flowers and these odd looking ones are my first effort.  I'd like to try some animals or characters but not sure I can be quite that imaginative.  I do look at YouTube videos by Deb Hallett who builds up some great ones  which must require lots of patience.  I didn't really want to copy what she's made although I don't think she has done flowers in this way.  Having made a couple of passable flowers the next thing was to decide just how to use them and I've gone for a stamped and stencilled grungy background within a framed circle.  This was fun but it took me most of the  morning 😉.


Stencil - Lavinia
Stamps - Globleland (Amazon)
Die Cutting - Abstract Elements from Sizzix (Tim Holtz)

5 comments:

  1. This extremely pretty Val, the background is beautifully done.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very intriguing card with your fab grungy background and the quirky flowers. Very creative indeed. Sounds like a happy morning spent at the craft desk. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are very funky and remind me of 70s design. They look wonderful on your card background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your funky flowers look fab on the grungy background, very creative! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was well worth all the time spent to create this card because it looks fantastic with the grunge look and those fun flowers.

    ReplyDelete