Pages

Sunday 4 August 2024

Playground Challenge #486

 Time for another Playground Challenge and some cool treats in the treehouse I hear😊.  A CAS card from me this time using a few snippets and a whole card blank.  I've been re-visiting the use of a Gelli plate with acrylic paint which is where I started some years ago but sadly I was never particularly pleased with the results until I switched to using inks instead.  However during some online chat with a crafty friend we discussed using acrylics again so I had a bit of an experimental day recently and I was slightly more pleased with what I produced.  That said, I still think that, for me, inks would be the preferred choice., but each to her own 😉.  Anyway back to my card - I used a snippet of one of the Gelli prints along with a snippet of toning plain card and a snippet of white to die cut two flowers which I glued together to give them a bit more stability.  A stamped sentiment and that's it, job done for my Snippets card this time.  Some lovely prizes as always and I'm sure there are plenty of snippets just waiting to be used up so why not have a go??



Not many snippets but I remembered to take a picture!





Flower - Memory Box  Poppies die
Sentiment - from Stampin' Up Daisies stamp and die set

7 comments:

  1. This card is superb. I love the pretty gelli print you made for the background and the matting tones so well with it. The white die cut flowers are the perfect embellishment on top. Nice birthday sentiment too. In short . . . I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - meant to thank you for joining in with the Snippets Playground too! See you up in the treehouse for a blueberry muffin and a nice cold drink of squash. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Val, your panel background is gorgeous. I really ought to get out my Gelli plate more often, I'm not sure why I'm so afraid of it! 🤣 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your die cut on the great gelli print. It's a lovely CAS layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out quite pretty with using your gelli plate, but I'm astounded that you were able to glue those flowers together. The stems are like hairs LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Val - isn't it weird how sometimes the poppies look like an aperture - look away then look back and they're clearly die cuts added to the lovely backing you used.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete