Pages

Saturday 10 August 2024

One Stamp - Different Looks

 I have two cards to share today using the same stamp but with different looks.  I was tempted by this corner floral stamp in a sale and it's certainly already seen a fair bit of ink.


For this one I stamped the image in the corner of a piece of white card and stamped again on a post-it note to cut a mask so that I could sponge on some ink and stamp a little text .  After removing the mask the flower was coloured using matching ink and a sentiment added




For the second card I sponged three colours of ink onto a piece of white card and added some texture by stamping in light grey.  Sentiment was die cut with a shadow in pink to match one of the background colours and I drew a wiggly border using a fine black pen.

Stamp - One of a Kind Corner from Crafty Roo (in the sale)
Texture Stamps - also Crafty Roo
First Sentiment - from a retired Stampin' Up set
Hugs - dies from Amazon


7 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty pair of cards with that great image. I love how you masked and stamped the text behind the flower in the first card, but they're both wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Val, both so very different. I love them both, but my favourite is the first one.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a lovely stamp, very elegant in it's simplicity.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both fab Val. I'm plumping for the blue one as my fave, but only because it's my favourite colour and I love the text element you added. However, on the second card, I love the squiggly border you added! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are great cards and such different looks, love your squiggly border xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Crafty Roo stamp is really pretty and love what you have done with it on both cards, but the blue is definitely my favourite, but great ink blending and background stamping on both. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really funky and arty - fabulous stamp. Xx

    ReplyDelete