Pages

Sunday 28 July 2024

Mischievous Cats

 A scenic card to share today using some dies from a set which I'm not sure I've used before although they were definitely a 'must-have' at the time.  Oddly, these cats don't come with eyes included but I felt they were needed so I trawled through quite a lot of my die sets to find something with a suitably sized 'waste' piece which I could use and then added teeny tiny black snippets to finish them although I realised - too late - that a black fine liner pen would have been an easier option 🙄.  I embossed a brick wall for the lower part of the card and added an old-style post box and a couple of little birds which were hiding in 'useful bits' pot on my desk.  The sentiment was computer generated and cut out with a banner die.


Cats - Mischievous Cats die set by Tim Holtz for Sizzix
Post Box - Britannia die
Birds - Memory Box dies
Banner - Creative Expressions
Embossing - Brick Wall E/F from Stampin' Up (retired I think)


6 comments:

  1. A fun kitty cat card!
    Don’t you just despair when you do something the hard way and immediately after you finish, you realise there was an easier way!!! Ah well, there’s always a next time!!!!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those whimsical cats look perfect with those cute eyes you gave them. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Val, I love your quirky cats and the eyes really bring them to life.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your crazy cat scene! You really have gone the extra mile, but your efforts are worth it😃xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've added the perfect eyes to your silhouette die cuts, it's a really lovely card, although I feel sorry for those birds on the postbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cats are so cute and the eyes definitely give them that finishing touch, and perfectly teamed with the post box and birds, and the brick wall makes a great background and resting spot for one of the cuties..a beautiful card Val. x

    ReplyDelete