Pages

Monday 24 June 2024

Homework Time

 There's a new challenge in the Snippets Playground and as usual a great prize and a super card as inspiration so why not sort through your Snippets to see what you can come up with.  Unusually for me, I've only used one of my white snippets for this card.  I actually had to cut into a whole sheet of card for the bottom layer but of course that's left me with quite a large snippet for another time 😉.  I started by cutting this piece slightly smaller than my card blank and then did some ink blending using two colours of Distress Oxide ink, finally adding some over stamping in grey.  Next move was to stamp the main image onto the background using Versafine Clair and again onto my snippet of white card so that I could fussy cut all of the circles.  Time now to assemble the card, adhering the fussy cut circles over the background image and adding a stamped sentiment.  That's it - my Snippets homework for the current challenge and I actually remembered to take a pic of the one white snippet used.



Colours Used - Saltwater Taffy, Tumbled Glass, with Clair Twilight
Stamp - Bubble Texture Frame Crafty Roo (sale)

7 comments:

  1. Your stamped colors look fantastic in the background and you did an amazing job of fussy cutting all those circles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive cutting out of the circles. Love your ink blended background and stamping. Fab birthday card.

    As ever, thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you at the paddling pool xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool circle design and great colors, Val! I have a terrible time fussy cutting round things, so my hat goes off to you cutting around all those circles! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positively Bubbling creation, love the colours, background stamping, then the main event….can’t believe you cut all those circles…circles are REALLY hard! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How effective Val and as Sarn said impressive cutting.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an effective design. Took me a minute to realise you also stamped on the background. Great fussy cutting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Val - stunning card, as always I might add. Wonderful fussy cutting - LOVE the background and that stamp you used as well.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete