Pages

Friday 1 March 2024

Curiosities

 I'm back again with one of my current favourite dies which is the very versatile postage stamp collage - so many possibilities.  Looking through some of my older stamps recently I came across four sets of mini stamps with curiosities, trees, scripts and mail art and I've used just a small selection for this card which I thought would be ideal for a masculine card although, to be fair, it would suit anyone.The die was cut using some script paper and there was another similar sheet in the same pad, part of which was used as a background.  A simple sentiment was all it needed.  I've had these stamps for many years but they've not seen ink for longer than I care to remember.


Stamps - Chocolate Baroque mini stamp sets designed by Glenda Waterworth
Papers - from a script pad by Prima
Postage stamp die - unbranded
Sentiment - stamps from Tim Holtz Sizzix (again from way back)

9 comments:

  1. I'm becoming a big fan of these postage stamp designs with all the smaller stamps in each space. What a wonderful vintage birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Vintage feel to this one Val, thinkI'm going to need that die.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely vintage vibe to this card Val. Loving your postage stamp die and all the little images you added into each bit. Very creative.

    Certainly suitable for a masculine card - but yes - you're right . . . it's suitable for all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Val, I think I might need to find this die. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val,
    yes what a brilliant die to have in ones collection.
    I love your wqonderful male card and the stamps used are fabulous.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoopeee ..thank you Val for the information I can now comment on your blog….great masculine card and a useful die..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little stamps fit onto the die cut sectional postage stamp beautifully Val, and a wonderful masculine card in the more neutral tones. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee hee Val!!
    Great to see you are having as much fun as me with your postage die.
    Love the vintage style you have gone for and the lovely oldie worldy theme.
    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this vintage style. You've reminded me of some stamps I have that need ink lol!

    ReplyDelete