Pages

Tuesday 13 February 2024

Smaller Cards

 The majority of my cards are 6" squares with occasionally 5" x 7" or DL ones thrown into the mix and I rarely make anything smaller.  I've been making cards for many years and naturally have amassed large amounts of crafty 'stuff', amongst which was a large plastic box containing miscellaneous card blanks, mostly with envelopes and I decided it was time I turfed everything out and had a good sort through to see just what might be lurking in the depths.  Well as you've probably guessed there were quite a few (lot) of small cards, mainly squares but also a couple of full packs of something called 'tall slim cards'.  I could never resist a bargain and I see they were BOGOF at the time 🤣🤣.  Strange proportions to my eye though at 3" x 8".  Anyway I've decided to challenge myself to use up some of these smaller cards, starting with said tall slims which I thought might be handy as notelets rather than actual greetings cards - I think some of the smaller squares might be made into 'cards for no particular occasion' but just to send as random acts of kindness (RAKS).  

This one is my first go at working to a smaller format although at the moment it feels very restricting but perhaps if I persevere it should come easier 😉 .  Watch this space!


Stamps - a mix of Lavinia, Inkylicious and Card-IO

7 comments:

  1. Well I think you've mastered this size extremely well! It looks so pretty and of course could be a bookmark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good challenge Val and looks to have worked very well with the Lavinia stamps. I have much the same problem, last year made batches of Christmas card, decided on a design to fit the given size and used up a good amount that way.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Val. Many moons ago I never did anything except on a 6 x 6 - until someone encouraged me to make ATC's - talk about difficult trying to put something onto the size of a playing card! Eventually tho I became happy with what I created and now don't think about sizes, just look at the card in front of me and work something on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val

    Beautiful! I love it!!

    Fantastic design and gorgeous colours!

    For me the smaller the card front the happier I am .. .. .. big cards with lots of space to fill freak me out LOL!!

    Well done on taking up the challenge.

    Hope all is good with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally love the unusual size and the lovely scene you created. I’d say you’ve nailed what to do with the 3x8 size already!!!

    Great idea to challenge yourself to using up the different card sizes you have had for a long time. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just can't miss with a great set of stamps, regardless of the card size. This smaller card turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tall thin shape does need more thinking about when it comes to composing a scene but this works brilliantly Val, and I love the mix of silhouette stamps over that pretty coloured very atmospheric background. x

    ReplyDelete