Pages

Saturday 13 January 2024

Temptation

 I'm afraid I succumbed to temptation and ordered a Mystery bag of retired dies and stamps at half price and whilst the monetary value was there the actual contents (inevitably I suppose) were not items I would have chosen to purchase and I have to say some of them have presented me with food for thought as to how I might use them.  Never mind - I do like a challenge and it keeps the brain ticking over 🤣.  Anyway I've used three of the small stamps along with others in my stash; a background die and some bits and pieces of patterned paper left from previous projects.  I think I've fathomed out a way of using one of the dies which started out as a complete mystery to me and when that card is finished I will post it.  Images were stamped and coloured using pencils.


Sentiment, Flowers and Birdhouse - from my stash, Stampin' Up (retired)
Cocktail,Chick and Bluebird - came from my Mystery bag (Gummiapan retired)
Background die - unbranded
Colouring - Polychromos pencils

7 comments:

  1. Wow Val! This is fantastic! You used your Mystery bag beautifully. Well done indeed. Loving that background die - I imagine it will come in handy for some of the other mystery items such as the HB2U - ask me how I know so much about said mystery bag.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Val, I love the die you've used and the little stamped images are just perfect for it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with your mystery parcel! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear 😂, I nearly succumbed! You’ve made a great card with all those elements, and it’s worth joining their Facebook group for answers to the mysteries. If you’re not a fan, email me pics and I’ll ask for you 😉 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used these items to their full potential making that sale well worth your investment. What a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val
    How brave doing a mystery package .. .. .. the making of a real challenge .. .. .. and one you have mastered brilliantly. Your card looks great.
    Spookily I am waiting for a delivery from Ebay of the background die you have used.
    Hope you have had a good weekend.
    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mystery bag has been a favourite with a lot of people and you have used some of the sweet little items from it well Val, placing them on this background with lots of divisions which lends itself brilliantly to adding these little images in each, and with a sentiment in the smallest..a very pretty card. x

    ReplyDelete