Pages

Sunday 5 November 2023

Ho Ho Ho

 I've been lucky enough to have some happy post to open two days running - firstly I won a prize in a recent Allsorts Challenge and yesterday an envelope arrived from a generous friend who'd decided to share some mirri card die cuts with me.  As we seem to be hurtling towards December I thought I'd use one of them to make a Christmas card - well what else would you do with 'Ho Ho HO' die cuts 🤣🤣.  I went through my box of Christmas-themed items and right at the bottom came across the Santa die which I've had for some time and I know for a fact he certainly didn't get used last year which should tell me that maybe I have too much 'schtuff'.  Found a left over tree in the little oddments pot on my desk and set about assembling the card using a piece of patterned paper as a background.  Snippets were used to cut the white circle which I embossed with falling snow, then cut a narrow border circle because it appeared a little flat.  I decided the words could maybe have a backing layer so I cut one freehand from some matching red card.


Background - printed using a download from Buddly Crafts
Santa - from a set of three by Tonic, probably discontinued
Tree - from a Tim oltz Sizzix die set
Snow Effect - discontinued embossing folder from Creative Expressions

9 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely to receive happy post twice in one week!!! Congratulations on winning at Allsorts.

    Lovely festive card with the fun sentiment and cute Santa circle. And a few more snippets used up too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurtling is about right Val, seven weeks it seems. Your Santa card is fun.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Christmas card Val and a its amazing what we find tucked away in our stash

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your wins! Lovely card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTG on your wins and gifts and you've combined them to make a very cute card! That's a cute tree and the golden HoHoHo makes for a fun Christmas creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val
    Lovely happy post!
    Mine was my winter fuel payment letter from Mr Sunak!
    A fun Christmas make .. .. and a good idea to create a background for your Ho Ho Ho!
    You asked what else you could do with a Ho Ho Ho die cut .. .. .. you could have turned it up-side-down and had Oh Oh Oh for a "bad news card!" LOL!!!
    Hope you had a good weekend.
    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Christmas card, Val. You’re right about December hurtling towards us. Someone needs to put the brakes on, as I’m nowhere near ready! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy mail is the best! Love how you used Santa, and the red looks fab behind hohoho……….love Jules idea 😂xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely friend! This is a fun card and very inventive using what you have.

    ReplyDelete