Pages

Sunday 17 September 2023

White Snippets

 I think I have more white snippets than any other colours, closely followed probably by cream and I've used some of the white ones for my latest card for the Playground Challenge, making a white on white card.  I used a ready made card blank but everything else was a snippet - of varying sizes and I needed a fair few smaller ones for the layered petals.  A die set which came free with a magazine has  been used here but what I'd not realised was the number of times I needed to cut the small one to get enough petals to layer over just two of the flowers. I trimmed a white square to be slightly smaller than the card and then cut out the centre motif leaving an aperture.  I also ran this through the machine again with an embossing mat to give it a bit more definition.  A smaller snippet was embossed with a 'birthday' embossing folder which I've had for many years and this piece was layered behind the aperture using thin foam pads.

It was at this point I realised that the second die in the set was all in one piece to cut the words (which I didn't actually use for this card) and individual petals/leaves and the smaller flowers.  There was only one of each size which meant that I needed to cut this TWELVE times to build up just two of the larger flowers.  As you can guess I have lots of words and smaller bits left over - all carefully saved to use at some time.😀.  Eventually, once everything was assembled I added some Glamour Dust to the centres of the tiny flowers and also added a little die cut bee, also with Glamour Dust.

There are a couple of weeks to enter into this challenge with a great prize at the end for one lucky person chosen at random so why not try to use up some of your snippets - I'm sure you have plenty 😉


Here is  an image of just some of the left overs from the marathon die cutting of these petals


Die Set - by Memory Box, given away with a Die cutting magazine
Bee - die from a Tonic die set
Birthday Layer - embossing folder by Cuttlebug from years ago

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card Val, White on White always looks elegant and stylish. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea to place the embossed panel beneath all those pretty die cuts in the frame! Great use of those white snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's a beautiful W.o.W card Val. It was worth all the hard work diecutting for England! LOL! I have that embossing folder and it's a good one. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later for a cocktail after all that hard labour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Val - I think you deserve a medal for cutting all those little dies! Well done for Percy Veerance being your role model!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew that was a marathon die cutting session then! Great card, love all the layers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness this is soooo elegant Val and white on white it so hard to pull of, great job.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love white - on - white, Val! And I'm so happy to find out that Di and I have made your day by picking your card as our tree topper at Christmas Kickstart! Have a great day, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a beautiful die and to use it as wow is a great idea and so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very pretty and stylish card Val. This was a great freebie die and it looks beautiful in white on white. x

    ReplyDelete