Pages

Thursday 21 September 2023

Seaside Theme

 This card was made a couple of weeks ago but I thought I should publish it before we really get into winter.  We've had some torrential rain but this morning the sun is shining again.


I've used  stamps and a selection of die-cuts, some of which were gifted to me and some I've cut using my own dies.  I started with a piece of white card which was coloured using blue and yellow shades of Distress Oxide before stamping and heat embossing the waves over the top.  Wooden posts, gulls and lifebelt were all cut using white card and then coloured with watercolour pens.  Once the scene was assembled, I added a sentiment and layered it all together.

Waves - stamp from Inkylicious, heat embossed with white
Gulls, Posts and Lifebelt - Gummiapan dies
Rocks, Gate, Grass and Flying Birds - stamps and dies from various Stampin' Up sets

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely summer scene with those gulls and beautiful waters! In a short time, we'll be wanting this warmer weather back I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a super summery scene Val and nice thoughts of the beach, sadly we've not managed to get there this year.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely beach scene Val, love those waves 😃 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely summery beach scene Val...I too have the waves stamp but its sat on my desk waiting to be inked...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Val - fabulous card! LOVE those waves stamps by Inkylicious! Of course I scampered over :)

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great beach scene. Love the wave stamps. Me no likey seagulls in real life (noisy blinking things that wake me up at 4am with their racket) but I really like the ones on your card! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful beach scene and the waves are so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Inkylicious wave stamp looks so realistic, and love the seagulls on their very pretty perching spots Val, and the birds in the sky finish it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete