Pages

Monday 24 July 2023

Sidetracked!!

 Do you ever become sidetracked while trying to make a card - it happens to me quite often 😉.  I was planning to work on my card for the next Snippets 'Christmas in July' challenge until I spotted Sarn's homework where she's just proved that bunnies aren't just for Easter.  With her permission I've CASE'd her idea with slight variations and my own lovely bunny has come out of retirement.  Now I must get back on track and continue with my own card for the current challenge, where there is a bumper Christmas themed prize again.  Why not sort through some of your own snippets and make a 'Christmas in July' card.   Sarn's bunny card can be found here along with all the details of the current challenge.

My bunny is also seated on a pile of presents but my card differs in that I've stamped a snowflake tree and added a gold star and gold wording.  Thanks so much for the inspiration Sarn 😊😊.  Back to work now to finish my snippets card which will be posted in a couple of days so watch this space.


Bunny - unbranded die
Parcels - Gummiapan die (slightly altered by a bit of 'snipping')
Tree - stamp from a magazine giveaway of A4 stamp set, dies and embossing folders
Wording - die from above magazine set
Star - Crafter's Companion
Curved 'snow' - die set from Lawn Fawn


8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Val using that little bunny

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love your version too Val. GteT idea to add the tree and a stitched border. Thanks for the shout out. Mwah! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Val, I love your version too. I saw Sarn's card earlier and thought what a great way to incorporate the bunny on a Christmas card. I'm sure he will be popping up on more Christmas cards in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tribute! Great idea. Yes I often get sidetracked. The unfinished/abandoned pile on my desk will testify.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val,
    what a fabulous card and such a brilliant design also.
    I never thought of using a Bunny for Christmas but it works wonderfully.
    I quite often get side traqcked also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great CAS of Sarn's card, and I just love that little bunny everywhere I see him! Great tree in the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny, that happens to me too, then I forget what I was going to do. What a fabulous card, and shout out to Sarn, who inspires us all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get sidetracked all the time! and then I wonder why I have so many unfinished ideas lol! It's a great Christmas card with the bunny, lovely tree too.

    ReplyDelete