Pages

Monday 17 April 2023

Snippets Challenge #452

For my visit to the Snippets Playground I've used another of my spray starch/pigment powders backgrounds  and this time I think the gold veining effect actually shows up on the screen although, as always, it looks better in real life.  There is a link to the video showing this technique on a recent post HERE.  I used a fairly large snippet of white card to die cut the tree and then a selection of quite small white snippets for the fence, flowers and leaves.  The blossom on the tree utilised some 'waste' from a border punch - always save tiny bits of such waste which I think will come in handy 😀.  There is a lovely prize as usual for the lucky person whose name is drawn at the end of the challenge so why not use up some of your snippets and have a go.

Recently I've had quite a lot of very old comments appearing in  my spam folder on Blogger (some from as far back as 2010).  Does anyone know why this is happening and is it also happening to you??  It is easy enough to delete them but is just a bit irritating as well as puzzling 🙄


Background - produced using spray starch and clingfilm with various Pixie powders 
Tree die - unbranded
Fence, flowers and foliage - dies from Gummiapan and Stampin' Up

10 comments:

  1. Lovely background against your the little scene you have created with your dies

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great little scene you've created and I love that pretty background. Yes, I too have been getting very old comments popping up in my spam folder, some as far back as 2009. I can't imagine where these have been for so many years. I check my spam folder daily and about 2-3 times a week, there are decades old comments in there. Makes no sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several of us have been wondering the same about the comments Val, very strange how far back they go.

    The fresh greens on your card give a nice feel of Spring.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A splash of Spring for sure Val - what a super card. Love the spray starch background - that looks like a technique that's not TOO messy.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say - I too am getting comments on some old posts. No rhyme nor reason to it either - weird! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab springtime card there Val. Cool background too.
    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Come and enjoy a hot cross bun up in the Treehouse! x

    PS: Yes, have been getting some older comments appearing. No idea why!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this. The framing is perfect and all the little details, though my favourites are the tiny flowers on the tree! See you in the Treehouse. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Val and a great technique too, will be giving this a try for certain.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little white details look good against your fabulous background, another great snippets card Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dies look so lovely against your inky background. I had comments show up a few months ago too - who knows!

    ReplyDelete