Pages

Sunday 9 April 2023

Interesting Technique

 I came across a technique for colouring card which involves spray starch, pigment powders and clingfilm.  If this sounds interesting to you can find it HERE.  I must admit I was a bit puzzled as to why spray starch was used instead of the usual water but gave it a go anyway.  I used Pixie powders, some of which have mica in them and some not but the inclusion of mica gives the finished result a lovely glimmer although of course this doesn't always come across in pictures on the screen.  Once the pieces were dry I used some of it to make a card which is actually  CASE'd from the one Christine made except that I used a different die and punched my butterflies rather than die cut.  Once the messy bit was done this was a quick card to put together and while I had the powders etc out I coloured more than one piece of card so I have some backgrounds for future projects.


Floral die - by Clarity Freshcuts
Butterflies - two punches from Stampin' Up (retired)

10 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting technique Val...love the card and colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your really on a roll this week Val, another lovely card.

    Happy Easter Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That technique sounds like fun and this card has gorgeous colors! TFS the tutorial. Hope you're having a blessed Easter Sunday today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me totally intrigued so off in a minute to see how this is made. Love the results you have here. Happy Easter. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty this is Val - that Chrissie does have us trying out loads of different techniques!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. I do remember doing this technique ages ago, I still have a can of spray starch in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s an interesting technique, and a pretty card Val, congratulations on your eggscellent win from Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is always something new to learn. The white against the background is just lovely. I'm sure I've got some spray starch somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and an interesting technique. TFS. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very pretty Val and thank you for the link to Chrissie's YouTube video showing this technique. I think I have some spray starch so may give it a try. I do have Chrissie's blog on my feed and suddenly realised that she hasn't been posting since well before Christmas so I have been missing her posts. I did leave a message on the YouTube to say I was disappointed that yet another blog has gone and she did reply but think she will stick with just Facebook and YT in future which is sad as I hate to see another blog bite the dust. x

    ReplyDelete