Pages

Friday 7 April 2023

Alcohol

 No, I've  not been drinking it 😉. Whilst looking for something else,  I came across a pack of alcohol ink cardstock which I'd forgotten about so I decided to see if my neglected alcohol inks were still usable.  Fortunately they were so I coloured a piece of this card which has a lovely sparkly sheen, although of course this doesn't show up in the picture.  I die cut a flowery frame and a sentiment and made it into a quick and simple card.  The sentiment was cut twice and layered up to make it a bit more robust because it is very thin.on its own.


Background - alcohol inks on Ranger silver sparkle alcohol ink cardstock
Die - Allium Fresh Cuts die by Clarity
Sentiment - unbranded
Square dies - Creative Expressions Noble squares

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea, love the colours, the frame is clever, and I must remember the tip to layer up thin die cuts, fab card Val. That’s how I find most things….when I’m looking for something else 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such an affective design Val and a great way to showcase the alcohol ink panel.

    Happy Easter.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous colours on this beautiful card Val. I love what you've done with the inks. It's amazing what we find while looking for something else.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so pretty and I love the alcohol background colors! I should check my alcohol inks too to see if they're still viable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation Val and love the background and the samps in white really 'pop' out

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! What a gorgeous CAS card with that pretty AI background. That’s another die going on my wish list!!!! Love alliums!

    Hoppy Easter!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Val, I love the white die cut against the beautiful alcohol inked background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Val - I do love using alcohol inks with the sparkle card too.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple yet so effective. I remember on Instagram saying I had used AIs and someone (not a crafter) asked if you could drink them! Thanks for your get well wishes, feeling so much better. L x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again the white looks wonderful against the beautiful background. I'm sure I have dozens of backgrounds I could do this with as I never make just one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Val and love the contrast with the alcohol ink background and the white flower frame. I'm sure in real life it has lots of shimmer and shine using the silver sparkle speciality card. x

    ReplyDelete