Pages

Saturday 15 April 2023

Allsorts Challenge #724

 The Allsorts challenge this week is **anything goes with an option to create your own background** so it seems fortuitous that yesterday I was dabbling with some shaving foam and re-inkers - a technique I've never actually tried despite my good intentions.  I can't say my first attempt was too brilliant but at least the craft room smelled lovely when I'd finished 😉.  I was determined to use some of what I made so I started out by cutting a tag, adding some stencilling and a bit of stamping and gold embossing.  I then decided to stencil a partial design onto a square to fit a card blank. I had a ponder over a coffee break and at that point decided this would be ideal as a masculine card with a few additions so I die cut a clock from a piece of black card which  had been smooshed through some gold spray and this in turn was popped onto a circle of another background from my 'useful bits' box - made a long time ago so can't remember quite how it was achieved. Everything was put together, finally adding a metal embellishment and sentiment.  There you have it - a card for the challenge incorporating no less than three backgrounds made by me - job done!!


Large background - stencil from Aall and Create
Tag - background made using shaving foam technique with Distress re-inkers
Clock background - not sure but probably used a stencil spritzed with water, added embossing
Clock die - came with a Phill Martin magazine quite a long time ago
Letters stencil on Tag - Tim Holtz stencil
Sentiment - produced on the computer in Word

10 comments:

  1. Second sight Val and how lovely it is as well. Shaving foam is a fun technique and looks pretty on your card, many thanks for sharing at our new Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super backgrounds and a brilliant masculine card Val. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy combination of stencils and shaving foam! Thank you for joining the challenge and really using the create a background option, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Val, looks like you had fun with the shaving foam. A perfect card for the Allsorts Challenge with so all your lovely backgrounds. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is great Val...perfect for a masculine card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fantastic creation! I just love that big clock with the Roman numerals against that tag and fantastic background! Great masculine make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great Val and I love the colours you have used and I have used the shaving foam technique but not for quite a while, so good to be reminded about it, and love the stencilled letters and the script, and that bit of gold embossing too, and looks perfect together with the die cut clock and given a super background as well as the A & C stencilling and pretty pink on the main background. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation with that beautiful DIY backgrounds! So creative and beautiful!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you’ve excelled yourself Val with those arty backgrounds, great result! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must have read my mind Val! It's a wonderful card with lovely details. Thanks for taking part in my challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete