Pages

Sunday 20 August 2017

Pixie Snippets Weeks 295 and 296

Despite Di's opening remarks on the Playground post this week she has made a beautiful card for us as inspiration to use up our own snippets and as always has given us details of how the result was achieved with hints and tips as well thrown in.  Just follow the link in my next paragraph to take a look and maybe use up some of your own snippets to enter for an opportunity to have your name put into the draw for the prize - of course you can just play along for fun if you already have these super items.

I decided to make another Christmas card for the Playground challenge this time around and actually dusted the cobwebs off my parchment tools to use up some vellum snippets.  I've made some poinsettias by die cutting them from the vellum and then embossing in the traditional way using ball tools which I quite enjoyed after a seriously long break of several years since I last did any of this type of thing.  This is such a relaxing activity and I'm really not sure why the tools have lain abandoned for such a length of time and you could be seeing more parchment work from me at some point.

A piece of background paper was printed and trimmed to fit the card; two circular frames were cut from snippets of red and gold card; a sentiment stamped onto another snippet and die cut into a banner; greenery die cut from even smaller snippets of card and then the card was assembled adding two layered poinsettias with some gold Stickles for centres.  Cutting the circular frames has of course left me with two smaller red and gold circles to use on another card or two.


Background - printed from Artylicious Seasons Greetings CD
Banner - Sue Wilson stitched banners die with stamp from Stampin' Up
Greenery - Tim Holtz Festive greenery die set
Poinsettias - Marianne dies from many years ago, not sure if they are still available
Frames - circle dies from Spellbinders


12 comments:

  1. Love your card Val. So beautiful and those vellum Poinsettias. A love finish to your card. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and love the vellum flowers...gorgeousness on a card for sure. I have had to re-follow you as for some reason blogger has removed me from some followers list....maybe I have been a naughty girl. x
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can follow you because I'm not on G+, Facebook or any of the other social media. Thanks for following my blog though.

      Delete
  3. A fabulous Christmas card Val, I love the vellum Poinsettias too they finish the card perfectly.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous vellum poinsettias Val...lovely Christmas card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val,
    what a very brilliant snippets creation.
    Your design is so pretty and those poinsettias are very beautiful too.
    Love this wonderful card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definitely belongs in the shop window over at the Playground, Val! It is so pretty and so elegant! I love the pattern and the two colored circles for grounding, but those exquisite vellum poinsettias steal the show!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous snippets card Val. Very pretty indeed.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Val - this is just stunning! Perfectly thought out and made, as always. LOVE the poinsettias in vellum - never would have thought to do that and they work so perfectly as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card. The poinsettias are so delicate and lovely! I like the linked circle frames and your colours here look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty christmas card, love how you've used the vellum, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful and I love your vellum poinsettias Val. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete