Pages

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Leftovers

I must say it took me a while to realise that if I was careful when placing dies onto card before cutting them the 'waste' could be saved and used for another project.  Of course it doesn't work with all dies but many of them leave usable pieces.  This card was made using one such piece - the black layer - along with some scraps of paper which had been coloured using Pixie powders.  There was enough of this coloured piece to layer behind the black so that it showed through the apertures and also a tiny piece left which was enough to cut the top layer of the butterfly and a small circle for one of the sentiment layers.  A purple scrap was used to die cut a border and also a butterfly layer and circle for the sentiment.  Waste not, want not as they say!!


Floral die - Wild flowers set by Tim Holtz
Border and butterfly - not sure as these were lying unused on my desk

5 comments:

  1. This card is lovely and I really like the idea of using the waste of a previous die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val

    There is a great sense of achievement when you manage to use up some of those leftover pieces isn't there? I save the smallest of pieces and it is suprising how they often they come in useful (but I do feel I possibly save far too many of them LOL!!).

    A great card Val and beautiful colours.

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Val, and a great way of using the scraps and waste. I love the colours of the pixie powders you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with using scraps, very cleverly made.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely card Val and gorgeous colours. A great use of your waste. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete